Call the Doula
What is a Doula?
Doula- a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother before, during, and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
What can a Doula do??
* Helps parents plan birth and comfort techniques.
* Gives an overview of how births work.
* Informs and educates parents about resources and options.
* Advocates for the original birth vision.
* Communicates with medical staff, family and friends.
* Supports parents emotionally and physically throughout the process.
* Stays present when medical staff change shifts and birth partners need a break.
* Reassures parents that this is normal.
* Understands what Mom is going through.
* Calms parents.
* Soothes the birth energy.
* Suggests positions and techniques to ease labor.
* Advises as new situations arise while supporting the decision parents make.
* Facilitates early bonding strategies with baby.
How can the hiring of a Doula benefit you?
Research shows that women who hire a Doula are:
-less likely to need Pitocin
-less likely to have a Cesarean birth
-less likely to use any pain medication
-more likely to rate their childbirth experience positively.
Wanna talk about this More?
Complete our form and we will get back to you!